As an IT professional, I am very interested in how IT changes people’s everyday life. As I started to do some research in this topic, I found it’s an interesting multi-discipline field.
I will list the resources I found in this field in this post. It will be a on-going effort and the list will continue to grow over time.
- International Development Research Center (IDRC): A Crown corporation created by the Parliament of Canada in 1970 to help developing countries use science and technology to find practical, long-term solutions to the social, economic, and environmental problems they face.
- Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility (CCSR): The only research centre in a UK university exclusively dedicated to research on ethical and social issues in computing and ICT.
- International Center for Information Ethics (ICIE): An academic website on information ethics
Special Interest Group
- The Control Revolution: Technological and Economic Origins of the Information Society
- Culture of the Internet
- Computerization and Controversy, Second Edition: Value Conflicts and Social Choices
- Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace
- Connections: New Ways of Working in the Networked Organization
- Disconnected: Haves and Have-Nots in the Information Age
- A Nation Transformed by Information: How Information Has Shaped the United States from Colonial Times to the Present
- Technologies of Freedom
- Computers, Ethics, and Society
- Social Impact of Computers
- The Age of Intelligent Machines
- Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society(JICES)
- International Review of Information Ethics (IRIE)
- Science, Technology and Society (STS)
- International Journal of Technology and Human Interation
- Journal of Information Technology Impact
- Journal of Technology Transfer
- International Conference on the Social and Ethical Impacts of Information and Communication Technologies(ETHICOMP)
- Culture Attitudes Towards Technology and Communication (CATaC)
- Human Choice and Computer (HCC)
- Internet Research and Information for Social Scientists (IRISS)
- Symposium on Computers and the Quality of Life(CQL)
- Fostering Research on the Economic and Social Impacts of Information Technology
- Information Technology and International Cooperation(ITIC)
- Workshop on Internet Technologies, Applications and Social Impact(WITASI)
- ImpactCS: Define the core content and methodology for integrating social impact and ethics topics across the computer science curriculum
- Brough Turner: Brough’s writings on the technology, economic and social issues of communications at the intersection of telecom, mobility and the Internet.